Dining with the Bloggers - May 25th



C'est l'amour, la vie - oops, sorry - French is not one of the languages I speak - or write. But darn it, I can cook French if I want to! The theme for Dining with the Bloggers this week is ze fabulous classic cuisine - ze French!

And where better to turn than to everyone's darling petit French woman - Clotilde of Chocolate & Zucchini. It's not like she needs the extra linking, is it?:-) but just as I used to neglect making recipes from all the other blogs out there, I never tried any of hers. And that is a shame, especially considering her pictures almost without fail make me drool.

Chocolate & Zucchini's index is huge and with LOADS of recipes, but when I found a recipe for Galettes de Sarrasin (buckwheat crepes), I was sold. There's this tiny little restaurant here in Copenhagen that make the most beautiful - and tasty! - buckwheat crepes, and I never thought about the fact that I could make them myself.

The recipe is easy to follow, you just have to let the batter rest, preferably overnight. A couple of hours will do though, as they did in my case. Making them was easy too, but the first ones didn't spread - hence didn't get as thin - as I would have liked, but I blame that on my lack of practice - my wrist is just not made for rotating like that! The last ones was definitely better. We filled the galettes with spinach and fried eggs, and a bit of cheese - heaven! I might add a pinch of salt to the batter the next time, but other than that, I think they were flawless!

I agree with Clotilde that there is a bit of juggling to do with keeping everything warm, but if you stick to not to many fillings, and a green salad on the side, you have the perfect summer meal!

Where in the French has Cathy gone this week?

Comments

santos. said…
oh my favourite weirdly squillionaire, that sounds fantastic! i may just have to borrow the eggs and spinach filling from you....

Popular Posts