On The Tweltfth Day of Christmas: Just Another Weeknight Wednesday



Yeah, so the picture's yellow-ish, and not all that fantastic and haven't I just told you that I'm getting better at taking photos? Well, I'm sorry, but that's what you're gonna get - I'm busy lounging on the couch, with my Man, three episodes of CSI, tea and a Banana Chocolate Bread. Beat that. I know, I'm lucky. So this is all you get - the recipe for the cake - it's not like the world really needs one more recipe for banana bread, but this is our favorite. Maybe yours, too?

Banana Chocolate Bread - from The Little Red Barn Baking Book

195 g. sugar
110 g. unsalted butter, room temperature.
80 ml. butter milk
250 g. flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
250 g. mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
125 g. chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips)

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Butter and flour a 23 x 10 cm., 7 cm. deep loaf pan.

Sift the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together. In a seperate bowl, cream the butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition. Fold in the mashed bananas.

Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comesout clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing. If you have that kind of time.

Comments

Cathy said…
You know, for the first 40-some years of my life I think the only banana bread I ate was made from my mom's recipe and it never occurred to me to throw in some chocolate chips. That changed recently and I'm afraid there's no turning back! But now here's your recipe with butter... and buttermilk... yum!
Michèle said…
That does sound like a great way to spend an evening--I'm jealous. I must make banana bread asap!

Popular Posts