Back when I told you about Pariserbøf , I briefly mentioned pickles, our rather, the thing we Danes call pickles. I think it might go under the name mustard relish or picalilli out in the big world. It is a complete necessity when making Pariserbøf , but also makes for a mean quick remoulade (again, the Danish kind - French may think us calling this remoulade bordering on an insult!) if you chop it up finely (or buy the finely chopped kind, of course) and mix it with a little mayo. Basically, it's an assortment of vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, onions - some people add celeriac, cucumbers, green beans, bell peppers, too) in a mustardy, spiced (not necessarily spicy) sauce. It's usually something I buy, but when rummaging through my old magazines at the beginning of my vacation, I found a recipe in my favorite Danish food magazine. Slowly, it dawned on me that "hey! I can make this myself!" And not have all the E-numbers. There is already a way of avoiding the E-n...
Comments
Color me jealous!
Heather
I love the Ottolenghi cookbook too. So many tempting recipes, and evry one I've tried so far has really worked. One of their cafes is near my house and going there is a feast for all the senses.
Being your father I restrict myself to "No superlatives, but what a delight and pleasure it is to to read your blog."
I only wanted to find an easy bread recipe.
dad
2 pounds, I'm so envious. I recently ordered half a pound of Thaitian vanilla pods from a Medaille D'Or winner of 2008, and.. even if they were expensive, the scent alone in the house was worth the money.
I had to bake some cakes and make some ice creams, before the wife let the heat of my back. Now she is asking if I will order more when our stash of vanilla is gone.
There's nothing like fresh bread overpowering your home with that lovely aroma!!!!!!
Great blog, you have some awesome pictures of yummy food and interesting dishes posted! :)