Return of the Dead: Dining with the Bloggers!



Yes, that's right! :-)

Dining with the Bloggers was - or actually, that should be is - a project Cathy of My Little Kitchen laid out for herself in January last year: she wanted to try out some of all the recipes she kept bookmarking, and not just have them withering around on her computer. I joined her, and we spend a couple of months doing little posts on the recipe we tried and the blog from which it was chosen, every Wednesday.

We stopped in November 2005, after nearly a year of fun-to-do posts and trying out recipes - swamped with that ever-present real work and exams. Luckily, we got a real-life installment when Martin and I joined Cathy for a week during our recent trip to the States. I even had the great fortune to do Dining with the Bloggers, The Real-life Versions! with Stephanie, Julie, Luisa and Jen as well! Yes, you can call me lucky!

And while a virtual DwB is a poor excuse for the real thing, my del.icio.us list is growing like cucmbers in a hothouse during a particularly warm summer. And I've GOT to try some of all these recipes, and not just dream about them - hence, I'm reviving Dining with the Bloggers. I might do a little theme-ing, I might try out some different concepts - I might even only do it every other Wednesday - but I'm looking forward to it. Keep and eye on this space, Wednesdays to come...

In case you want to check out what I've done before on DwB, here's a couple of links for you - each post should have a link to Cathy's post for the same week.

Comments

Alanna Kellogg said…
You've got an impressive list on delicious! Very well-organized! I have a similar system of bookmarks, already well-populated, have mixed emotions about switching. Still I've started adding a few of my own posts to delicious, just to see how it works ... PS twas great fun seeing your notes in Danish on my recipes!
Cerebrum said…
You know what AK? The worst part is that I only started using delicious a couple weeks ago! I transferred all of my old bookmarks though - I really love the system, that you can do notes and tags - hopefully it's going to be a lot easier organizing myself for DwB now! And yes, I guess the Danish blurps must have been hilarious!:-D
mary grimm said…
I was just thinking about this yesterday! and wistfully remembering reading both of your posts, etc. I'm looking forward to it. I should do something similar--I have so many things I haven't tried yet.
Cathy said…
Looking forward to your posts without the stress of having to get one done myself!! :)

P.S. I love delicious too, mine is sort of a mish-mash of things - not just recipes, but I had no idea you could group your tags that way - neat! I'll have to look into that.
Unknown said…
oh, I am happy to see you back at it ;D
Joycelyn said…
hi zarah maria, i've spent the last week - surprise surprise! - going through your archives - AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! i totally admire the organizational skills it takes to put together that incredible list - my to-do list is scattered willy-nilly in a vast assortment of (unclipped) magazines and sites...someday...

Popular Posts