Take-out's a good - and beautiful! - thing from time to time...







Oh my camera does this no justice!

We don't do this often (who am I kidding? I need my fix at least once a month!) but I loves me some sushi! I once worked at a sushi restaurant and am now in the sad situation of being able to eat ridicolous amounts of this fine food in one sitting. I've never tried doing it myself - seeing the chefs at the restaurant, and the pride they took in getting every rice just right (I am NOT kidding you here - Anthony Bourdain, eat your heart out!;-)) kind of made me feel I would never be able to do it anyways. And I guess there are some things here in life that you should just leave for others to do. No, not just the cleaning and the vacuuming, but the good things in life, that you get to eat, too...

Comments

santos. said…
hello zarah maria

you should definitely try making sushi at least once, i love doing it. just maki rolls, not the nigiri because i don't have the knife skills, but i hope to one day take a few classes and splash a few bucks on a gorgeous SHARP knife. but there's something quite meditative about making a good sushi roll.
Anonymous said…
Mmmmm, I love me some good sushi take-out anytime!! Just for fun, though, my husband and I took a sushi making class a couple years ago. We've made it ourselves a few times, but it is definitely never as good....those sushi chefs work magic in my eyes!
Alice
Stephanie said…
Hi there...I came by way of My Little Kitchen!

Sushi...my favorite food in the world. And living in Knoxville means the only way I'm getting decent sushi is if my hubby and I make it ourselves; we're even planning to make it this weekend. We're fortunate to have some good Asian stores around, so we can get all our supplies.

I miss my favorite sushi restaurant, back in Oakland...good sushi is hard to come by!

Stephanie, http://www.thehappysorceress.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts