Back when I told you about Pariserbøf , I briefly mentioned pickles, our rather, the thing we Danes call pickles. I think it might go under the name mustard relish or picalilli out in the big world. It is a complete necessity when making Pariserbøf , but also makes for a mean quick remoulade (again, the Danish kind - French may think us calling this remoulade bordering on an insult!) if you chop it up finely (or buy the finely chopped kind, of course) and mix it with a little mayo. Basically, it's an assortment of vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, onions - some people add celeriac, cucumbers, green beans, bell peppers, too) in a mustardy, spiced (not necessarily spicy) sauce. It's usually something I buy, but when rummaging through my old magazines at the beginning of my vacation, I found a recipe in my favorite Danish food magazine. Slowly, it dawned on me that "hey! I can make this myself!" And not have all the E-numbers. There is already a way of avoiding the E-n...
Comments
I'm right there with you, I hope to get mine done tommorrow.
I just love this packaging and I would not think twice about giving it as a present. It's highly original. When on holiday I always look for these local food items to give away in stead of the usual touristic fare. Tins of golden syrup, smoked paprika, harissa paste, organic cookies etc..
Greetings from Amsterdam