Dining with the Bloggers - September 21st.



Do you know how to make broccoli look good?

Molly from Spice Tart does! Broccoli's not the only vegetable she makes look good - in fact, she's not even the only one in her family that can make vegetables look good. Her sister has done these wonderful paintings that are up at Molly's site, you have to have a look at those - the first one I saw (the onion) I actually thought was a macro'ed out close-up of an actual onion. Nah, it's paint!

When we started doing Dining with the Bloggers last season, I went around a lot of the blogs, perusing their indexes and archives, to see if there was anything I'd like to try. Nowadays, Ialso get inspiration from my BlogLine Feed, and I'm telling you, the list is growing like a baby on steroids! This was also how I spotted Molly's recipe for making the easiest, yet tastiest broccoli. I eat way too little vegetables - I pride myself on being oh so healthy (to make up for all those cakes, you know?) but when push comes to shove, there's no doubt I do not eat the 5 portions of vegetables a day I'm supposed to.

Except maybe for yesterday, when I got up from the keyboard and cooked that broccoli. I ate an entire bunch! Munch, munch, munch - and then there was no left! I just ate it as it was - I'm very big on the: just make the side dish my main course - but a piece of crusty bread on the side would have been lovely. Go easy on the salt - the anchovies are quite salty themselves. Now go. Make it. Say hi to Molly, and don't forget to wish her well - she's getting married!

(Sorry for the lack of picture this time - Martin had kidnapped the camera, and as I said, I ate it all so there wasn't even any leftovers to take a picture of!)

Now what has Cathy been up to this week??

Comments

Cathy said…
Hi Zarah - sounds really good - I love brocolli! I hadn't encountered Molly's blog before, so I looked around a bit and it really is wonderful. I'll have to spend some more time perusing the recipes!
Mona said…
Zarah, thanks for the fun info on broccoli and for sharing a new site with us, as Cathy mentioned. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies, but it MUST be cooked, not a huge raw broccoli fan.

Popular Posts