Dining with Three Bloggers - September 27th.




My apologies. It was my sincerest intention to do a DwB post at least every other week. Then what happened? Well, the boss left on paternity leave and left me with a whole lotta work, hence, no post last week. Yup, always blame it on work. So even though I had done some cooking, I didn't have time to do a write up. But it's here today.

Having done this DwB thing for quite some time now has had me troubling my mind - not so much with how to keep finding new recipes that I want to try to choose from - lord knows there's PLENTY! - but from what to do with the recipes I kept bookmarking from blogs that I've already once featured in a DwB session. I know, it's shameless of them to not stop posting about delicious things once I have acknowledged them - but they do keep doing it, oh yes they do! And I mean, of course you want to know about new blogs, but face it - it's also the food we're all after, isn't it?

So what to do? I could of course just try them out, and not tell anyone. But I'm a bragging sort of person (actually, not really, but in this context I think it would be a shame to not be!) so I found this way of doing it. Every now and again, I'll do a post that spotlights three, already individually posted about blogs, with a new recipe from each of them. It'll be short, sweet and more to the recipe-point than the usual posts, but hey - I will tell you about THREE recipes, not just one! So please enjoy the first of hopefully several to come "Dining with Three Bloggers":

Bouchons au Thon from Orangette

From Molly of Orangette (previous feature here), I FINALLY tried the Bouchons au Thon I've had bookmarked almost ever since I got to know the food blogging world. They're easy to whip up, and served with a salad (in my case one of tomatoes, thinly sliced fennel and black olives) they were great warm for dinner, and maybe even better (cold) for lunch next day (first day of school - I needed a pick-me-up!) I think I could make every single one of the recipes on Molly's blog and not tire of it anytime soon. None of the recipes from her blog I've tried has ever failed me - and I have done quite a few.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Who Wants Seconds?

From the sadly no-longer updated foodblog (or let me know if you're still out there Moira! I miss you!) Who Wants Seconds? (previous feature) I tried my hand at a classic: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have a friend that loves - loves - loves this combo, and the *perfect* recipe I had, I accidently lost. So I was on the lookout, and naturally, when Moira posted about these, I bookmarked them. I didn't get round to trying them before last week, but I think we have a keeper: soft and dense in the middle, no crunch but the one you need at the edges and well - had I not left them for 30 seconds too long in the oven, I think the texture would have been just perfect. I'll have to experiment with the rest of the batch that is now residing in my freezer. I'm sure my friend won't mind being the taste guinea pig, heh!

Garlicky Braised Cauliflower with Capers from The Wednesday Chef


I was so lucky to meet Luisa from The Wednesday Chef in person when Martin and I was travelling the US this spring. She is one of my favorite bloggers, and well - her recipe archive is one that has me bookmarking like crazy. I mentioned this one, the Garlicky Braised Cauliflower with capers back when I did my first post about her, and this recipe was one of the reasons I had to invent a way of doing re-features! It's just plain wonderful. Savory, garlicky - mmm. No wonder Luisa ate a whole head of cauliflower in one sitting. If it wasn't because I was making dinner for my man, I'd have done the same. As it was, I served it as the vegetable part of a true meat, starch and veggies dinner plate: grilled pork chops with soft polenta and cauliflower. A real treat it was!

Comments

Molly said…
My dear Zarah, I am so glad to hear that the bouchons hit the spot! I love those little things, weird though they may sound, and I'm so glad that you tried them! What a great week for Dining with the Bloggers - Moira's cookies look wonderful, and I too have been dreaming of Luisa's cauliflower. Mmmm, mmmm...
Anonymous said…
Hi those cookies look absolutely gorgeous, can you provide me with the recipe for them.
Anonymous said…
How funny - those bouchons au thon have also been dancing around in my head since I first read about them at Molly's! I'm so glad you loved the cauliflower as much as I did. And thank you so much for your kind words! It was super fantastic to hang out with you in the spring. Next time, hopefully, there won't be any petty theft, either!!! :)
Anonymous said…
Please provide me with more on those delicious cookies and Bouchons au Thon.
Pille said…
Those Bouchons au Thon sound delicious and I'm ashamed to say that although I bookmarked the recipe ages ago, I haven't tried them yet:( Soon, very soon.
Also - I will be passing through Copenhagen in November on way to Roskilde, so I may ask for dining tips soon, if you don't mind..
Anonymous said…
I've had my eye on the bouchons for ages now..thanks for reminding me...they look really yum

Popular Posts