SHF # 5: Hundreds and Hundreds of Layers - Puff Pastry, the 2nd edition: Apple Galette



So I'm just like WAY ahead of ya'll! Like, I kinda did my entry last Friday, m'kay?

Ahem. Or maybe I was just a dofuss and got the dates mixed up and everything, so I accidently posted my entry a week too early. And I could just have taken it down and published it again at a later time, but, as Dagmar agreed with me, there can be no such things as too many Sugar High Fridays, so I just got two, and you only got one! Tee-hee! Gotta work around my goofy-ness, don't I? As was the case for "my last" Sugar High Friday, this one is also hosted by Clement at A La Cuisine!

I threw this one together with the leftovers of my puff pastry for a Friday afternoon treat for me and the Boyfriend. Very simple, but very tasty! And no, I did not get to make my own puff pastry - I did have leftovers but well, life interrupted, as it sometimes does.

(From Spis Med)
1 sheet of puff pastry, cut into squares - mine were about 7 cm by 15 cm
1 egg, beaten, to brush on the puff pastry
1 apple - or as many as it takes for you to make small wedges that will cover the surface of the puff pastry, leaving a 1cm. margin all the way around
Couple tablespoons of sugar, for sprinkling on top
Ribs gele - I'm not quite sure how to translate it, but it is something like redcurrant jelly I think...

So basically, you cut your puff pastry in the desired size - brush with the egg - place the apple wedges on top - sprinkle with sugar - bake in a 200 C hot oven for 15-20 minutes - leave to cool. Melt the jelly in a small saucepan - brush the melted jelly on the cooled "galette" - serve with creme fraiche or sour cream, in my case whipped with vanilla-scented sugar. It's that easy!



Please, have a look-see at the other post - they we're good, too! Now I've shown you mine, let me see yours...

PS: I know the recent comments-thing has gone quite weirdo on me - I'll fix it as soon as possible, Blogger's up-dated their version, I think that's why. Right now, I gotta go to work - no, not the blog-work, the real work - yeah, I actually do have one!;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks good! I still have a sheet of puff pastry left over, too! :)
Cathy said…
Hi Zarah - it's beautiful! I think store-bought puff pastry is just my speed... (but I do want to try the from-scratch kind some time soon).
Hey Zarah, are you still having trouble with your recent comments? It looks okay to me, but just in case, Blogger Hacks has fixed the problem, and you can find out what to do if you go over there.
Cerebrum said…
Hi All! It is definetly easy, and you're all welcome to "steal" the idea - but don't try and steal my cake I tell ya! ;-)

Hi Rachel! I've updated the recent comments hack and as far as I know, it's working again, but thanks for letting me know. I'm still amazed Blogger Hacks don't charge us, but I'm happy they don't!
Anonymous said…
Hi Zarah - this looks beautiful...

Popular Posts