The Commenters Meme


I have walked around a lot like this lately... Is it just me or is it getting REALLY cold and dark and wool-sock worthy or what?

Hah! I've been tagged! And I forgot all about it! But as the cooking is still slow, and I was just reminded by another meme today, here we go:

I was tagged by Gemma from Dressing for Dinner. Gemma left out the people from her list that had already done the meme, but I haven't, just because I didn't want to. And as always, if you feel like playing along, do, if you don't, I'm not gonna come after you!

The rules:

1. List the last ten people who have commented on your blog
2. If you’re on my list then you should do the meme on your blog too

1. Jeanne from CookSister!
2. Gemma from Dressing for Dinner
3. Gabriel from iRECEPTY
4. Lily Penelope from FREEFORM and ARTemology
5. Gemma from ProBonoBaker
6. Bridget from Cabbage Tree Farm
7. Angela from A Spoonful of Sugar
8. Heather from Grow it. Eat it.
9. Eva from Sweet Sins
10. Jennie from Copenhagen Follies

Now for the questions:

1: What is your favourite post from number 3's blog?
Um, well, you see. Gabriel is from Slovenia, and writes in his native tongue. So I wouldn't have a clue, I must admit...

2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
Jennie is a Mom, and almost everything she writes about her sons, and being a mom moves me. Picture-wise, I'd say plenty of the shots she snaps of her sons has me laughing out loud or going awwwww! Like this one (the bathtub one) - or these - or how about this here? Having met those kids briefly, and seeing these photos, they seem like really happy, at-ease kids. Just like I'd want mine to be, once that day arrives.

3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog?
It doesn't seem like it, although Bridget's is a blog I've only just recently discovered. Do you, usually, Bridget?

4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from?
Where IS this Blogland? Probably, she's in NaBloPoMo county these days - right, Gemma?;)

5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be?
Keep up the good work, Angela!:)

6. Have you ever tried something from number 9's blog?
I have! Only, it didn't turn out so well, I had the audacity to substitute half of the ingredients and well... The bread turned out rock hard and just... kinda boring. And looked nothing like Eva's pretty specimens! I'm positive it was me messing too much with it - maybe I should try it again?

7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you?
Funny thing is, Jeanne, and her blog Cooksister wasn't one I followed keenly - sure, I had it in my bloglines, and I read the odd post here and there, but then Jeanne started popping by here, just recently, commenting and being so very sweet, I thought I just had to keep a better eye on her blog. And as it often goes, once you start paying attention, you get caught up. Now I wouldn't want to be without her daily writings, and I wonder what I'll do once NaBloPoMo is over and she'll stop posting every day!
Anyways, that wasn't the question. One of the posts Jeanne wrote that I did notice, quite some time ago, was one about her friend who died of cervical cancer (edited for accuracy). I had tears in my eyes reading it. At the time, I was (as I often am) much in doubt about my studies, and whether I really wanted to become a doctor and all that, and I remember thinking: heck, no, I HAVE to become a doctor. It's not fair for people, young people, to have to die like this. There must be something we can do to stop it.
So while it wasn't an inspirational post in the blogging sense, for an instant, at least, it had me grasping at the idea of why it is I should want to become a doctor.

8. How often do you comment on number 4's blog?
I never have, I must admit - Lily Penelope just posted her first comemnt here today, so I just found her blog. Hers look mighty purdy though!

9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly?
Jahaa! Heather just delurked in my hoarder-post and I immediately added her blog to my bloglines. I want chickens, too! And a garden!

10. How did number 5's blog change your life?
I don't know if Gemma's blog has changed my life as such, but just after we moved into our bigger apartment, Gemma put up a notice on her blog that she was going to Europe and if anyone had suggestions or beds to offer, she'd be thankful. Having that big, new apartment, M and I agreed to invite Gemma and her significant other to come to Copenhagen and stay with us - not that we'd have much time to show them around or anything, but I've always thought that the best way to experience any city is to stay with people that actually live there. Or at least visit them, go out with them, and get an idea of what daily life is like. I'd just never done it. Or invited someone to do it, here. And if you want to be able to do that yourself, you have to offer the opportunity to others, don't you?
It being a great experience, having them stay here, made meeting "strangers", getting to know them, even if only for a couple of hours, a lot easier, and something I enjoy a lot, now. Apart from all the lovely people M and I met and stayed with on our roadtrip across USA, I've also had the pleasure of meeting both Danish and international bloggers, and I have to admit, I hope it'll never stop!

11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
Gemma (ProBonoBaker) and Jennie. Lovely, lovely ladies, both of them.

12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
Um, I don't think so. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Well, these days, with NaBloPoMo, both Gemma (Dressing for Dinner) and Jeanne blog every day. Should we keep it up, ladies? ;)

14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
Jennie, no doubt. And I have to admit, Jeanne's ongoing fight with her boiler had me giggling a tiny bit. Yes, I did feel extremely sorry for her - I HATE being cold - but the way she wrote it all up still had me giggling.

15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
Well, Jeanne almost had me, once, as I already told you.

Comments

Hi Zarah Maria, glad to feature in your Meme. Yes I do normally try to reply to comments, although I didn't do this regularly to start out.
Do you have any good recipes for smoked fish?
Gemma said…
Yay, I'm so glad you did the meme - that's 2 out of 10! I do indeed live in NaBloPoMo at the moment but my usual blogland base in London. Oh and I am definitely carrying on with the daily posting (at least for the rest of November), I'm enjoying it lots more than I thought I would.
Jeanne said…
What a lovely and diverse bunch of commenters you have! And I'm touched that my post on Christelle's untimely death made an impression (it was cervical cancer, btw). I hadn't realised you were studying to become a doctor - you are very very brave! My dad was a doctor and my mom a radiographer, so there was tremendous pressure on me to enter the medical field. But I never really had the motivation or interest, and I think you need a LOT of that!!

Glad the boiler is now sorted out, even if it was amusing to my readers while it lasted!

And as for staying with the daily posting after NaBloPoMo ends... Umm, I miss my sleep too much!!
Cerebrum said…
Bridget - thanks for the answer! Hmm, smoked fish... no recipes per se, but I'm thinking new potatoes and chives, maybe in a quick sauté or something...? I'll get back to you if I think of something else!

Gemma - YAY! For more posts and for London!

Jeanne - I edited the post so it now says cervical cancer. I don't know what I was thinking, I'm so sorry - that was uncool. I have to say, I contemplated reading the post again, and then remembered how the little hairs on my arms were on ends and thought: no, I don't need that right this minute. It was a beautiful post - sad, but beautiful.
On a happier note, yes indeed, I have a very lovely bunch of commenters here! And indeed, I am crazy to be studying medicine, but a little craziness never hurt noone, did it? ;)
(And I'm with you on the sleeping part...)
Eva said…
Gosh, Zarah Maria, I'm glad you tried one of my recipes but feeling bad all the same that it didn't turn out well...
With this bread, I didn't venture away from the recipe at all (I wasn't experienced enough back then and the explanations in Amy's bread were quite elaborate) so I strongly encourage you to try again and tell me about it!

And now I've gotta check my last ten comments..;-)

Popular Posts